Friday, June 24, 2011

Crystal Silence League and the Power of Prayer

It is a common thing for a professional worker to tell a client "I'll pray for you."  And I often tell my clients, "I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers."  Well, have any of you ever wondered what exactly that means?  For me the answer is two-fold.  I practice daily devotionals at my personal altar every morning and part of that devotional is to remember in prayer each and every client and case that I am working at the moment as well as any individuals clients or not, who have asked me to pray for them.  This is part of my personal practice and prayer has always been an active discipline in my life ever since I was a little girl.  I have witnessed first hand what heartfelt prayer can accomplish and I am a believer!  And a common question that I get from clients through email and phone calls is "how do I pray?"  No one can tell you how to pray but for those who did not grow up in a family with some religious observance the thought of prayer may be daunting and paralyzing and you may be left feeling like you don't even know where to start.  Fortunately, there are people who have dealt with this issue before, one such individual was a man named C. Alexander and he wrote a book about this issue called The Crystal Silence League.  When I first learned about this from friend and colleague cat yrwonwode I thought it sounded like a guild of super heroes!  But the Crystal Silence League is really a group of individuals all over the world who dedicate a few moments each morning to sending love, well wishes, and blessings to their friends, neighbors, and complete strangers dwelling to the West of them, following the arc of the sun. For folks who want to give prayer a more active role in their lives or for people who have never engaged in any type of prayerful practice before and want to start doing so, I highly recommend the Crystal Silence League.  My church SOUL is an affiliate of it, and joining is very easy.  Check it out and find out what the power of prayer can do in your life! 



No comments:

Post a Comment